Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co., Inc., Hosts Grand Opening Event
November 4, 2015
Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co., Inc., hosted their grand opening celebration for their newest facility on Thursday, October 22nd, in Jackson, Ohio. Customers enjoyed a BBQ lunch, door prizes, tours of the new facility and demonstrations of the newest John Deere Construction and Forestry Equipment. Representatives from many manufacturers were on hand to answer questions and enjoy the festivities.
Murphy Tractor began construction of the new facility in May 2014. The structure features interior parts and equipment sales departments as well as a vast outdoor heavy equipment yard. Over 9,000 sq. ft. of the new space is dedicated to a state of the art service center which features 8 service bays and two 10 ton overhead cranes. Murphy Tractor, Jackson Branch Manager, John Meeks is looking forward to being a part of the Jackson community. “Customer service is what sets our business aside from others. We hope to support Jackson because we care about the community and want to give back,” states Meeks. The store will be open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with afterhours parts and service available 7 days a week.
Murphy Tractor and Equipment Co., Inc., one of John Deere’s largest North American construction equipment dealer organizations, is headquartered in Park City, KS. The organization has 28 locations throughout the states of Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Nebraska. Find out more at: www.murphytractor.com.
- Photo 1: The new facility is a total of 12,000 square feet. 3,000 square feet will be utilized for sales, parts and office space. The remaining 9,000 square feet is the service shop.
- Photo 2: Pictured during the ribbon cutting in front of the new building from left to right are Nea S. Henry (Appalachia Reality Agent), Bill Sheward (Jackson Service and Safety Director), Jason Howard (Murphy Tractor Jackson Service Manager), Michelle Meeks (Murphy Tractor- Jackson Parts Manager), John Meeks (Jackson Branch Manager), Randy Heath (Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director and Jackson Mayor), Tom Udland (Murphy Tractor President), Norman Gilliland (Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce Current Past President), Ed Armstrong (Jackson County Commissioner), Paul Haller (Jackson County Commissioner), George Kitchen (Jackson’s At-Large Councilman).
- Photo 3: A John Deere 640H on display at the Jackson, OH Grand Opening
- Photo 4: Also on display was a John Deere 160G excavator.
- Photo 5: John Van Ruitenbeek, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Sennebogen, LLC (Left) is pictured explaining the machine to a customer.
- Photo 6: The Sennebogen Material handler 821 is primarily used for material handling, as well as loading and sorting materials in the recycling chain and light scrap and bulk goods handling.
- Photo 7: Courtney Gill testing out the comfort level of the new 648L Grapple Skidder.
- Photo 8: Carson Gill posing with the equipment.
- Photo 9: A great crowd came out to see the new facility.
- Photo 10: NPK representative Ken Skala on site to answer questions. NPK is the worldwide leader in the construction excavator attachment industry including hydraulic hammers, compactors and concrete crushing processors.
- Photo 11: Murphy Tractor Jackson, Ohio employees pictured from L to R: Front Row: Tanya Gill (Branch Administrative Assistant), John Meeks (Branch Manager), Michelle Meeks (Parts Manager), Seth Thomas (Service Technician), Bubba Spencer (Field Service Technician), Joe Barnes (Service Technician), Micah Brown (Service Technician). Back Row: Dustin Neff (Parts Representative), Nick Jones (Customer Support Advisor), Tim Howard (Territory Sales Manager), Derrick Smith (Territory Sales Manager), Zach Bethel (Yard Maintenance Tech), Justin Miller (Parts Representative), Jason Howard (Service Manager).