Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co., Inc., Hosts Open House in Waterloo, IA
December 18, 2013
Park City, KS (December 17, 2013) – On December 12, 2013, Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co., Inc., hosted an open house to congratulate Rick Noah and Doug Weaver on their retirement. During the open house, Noah and Weaver were recognized for their dedication and commitment over the years. They have been a part of Murphy Tractor at the Waterloo, IA location since day one and in the construction equipment industry for 27+ years.
The reception also provided an opportunity to welcome three new employees at the Waterloo, IA location. Ken Geoghegan has accepted the Branch Manager position and will be responsible for overseeing branch operations, equipment sales and all aspects of product support. Patrick Messmore and Scott Timmer are the new Territory Sales Managers and will be accountable for new and used heavy construction equipment, attachments and trailer sales. Both Patrick and Scott will cater to Northeastern Iowa.
Geoghegan brings over 16 years of experience in the heavy equipment industry. A majority of those years were spent in Central Michigan representing John Deere equipment. Matt McNett, Region Manager—Plains, states, “I’m confident the combination of Ken’s experience along with his strong skill set will contribute to the success of the Waterloo Branch for many years to come. We are pleased to have him on-board.”
Messmore has been with Murphy Tractor for six years. He started out as a field technician in Waterloo, IA, and has spent the last two years in Topeka, KS, as the service manager. When asked what he was excited about in his new position, Messmore stated, “I am looking forward to new challenges on the sales side of the business after being in product support pretty much my entire career.”
A native of Waterloo, IA, Timmer will join Murphy Tractor with three years of experience in the construction equipment industry. He was drawn to Murphy Tractor because, “I heard it was a great place to work.” Timmer has experience in equipment rental, management and has also spent time in the United States Marine Corps.
Murphy Tractor and Equipment Company, Inc., one of John Deere’s largest North American construction equipment dealer organizations, is headquartered in Park City, KS. The organization has 28 locations throughout the mid-western states of Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Nebraska. Find out more at: www.murphytractor.com.
- PHOTO 1: L to R: Doug Weaver and Rick Noah being honored for all their hard work and dedication over the years.
- PHOTO 2: New Waterloo Employees from L to R: Patrick Messmore – Territory Sales Manager, Ken Geoghegan – Branch Manager, and Scott Timmer – Territory Sales Manager.
- PHOTO 3: Pictured L to R: Tony Vieth (Vieth Construction- Cedar Falls), Doug Weaver ( Murphy Tractor), Matt McNett ( Murphy Tractor), Dave Guetterman (John Deere), and Terry Woodson (John Deere).
- PHOTO 4: There was a great turnout from customers and vendors at the open house.
- PHOTO 5: The 770 G Motor Grader was on display during the event.
- PHOTO 6: L to R: Rick Noah and Rick Yeager. Yeager congratulates Noah on retirement and thanks him for years of dedication to the construction industry.
- PHOTO 7: L to R: Rick Yeager and Doug Weaver. Yeager commending Weaver on his many years of loyalty and service to Murphy Tractor.
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE