Technology Workshop Hosted by Murphy Tractor
May 11, 2012
Park City, KS (May 10, 2012) – The Topeka, KS, branch of Murphy Tractor & Equipment Company, Inc., hosted a Technology Workshop in Miltonvale, KS, on Thursday, May 3rd. The workshop included an equipment demonstration, lunch and a ride-and-drive. Equipment featured and demonstrated included a John Deere 35D Compact Excavator, 350G LC Excavator, 210K Backhoe Loader, 700J Dozer, 333D Compact Track Loader and a 326D Skid Steer.
Mike Curry, Branch Manager, said, “The annual equipment demo continues to be a huge success. We had a great turnout and were able to demonstrate multiple pieces of John Deere and Hitachi equipment to contractors, municipalities, owner operators, etc. Jason Welch did a fabulous job demonstrating JDLink and its capabilities. Employees from the John Deere Training Center were there in full stride performing walk-arounds and demonstrations to attendees.”
Machine Technology Specialist, Jason Welch, incorporated the following topics in his technology presentation:
- DLink – Built-in technology that allows customers to access information about the location and performance of their machines. It also provides data such as: machine hours, maintenance reminders, diagnostic codes and much more.
- Fleet Care – This service interprets machine data and allows customers to increase machine productivity, significantly lower their operating costs and avoid downtime in the future.
- Service Advisor Remote – Allows Murphy Tractor to connect remotely to customer’s machines for diagnostic trouble codes, record performance data and update software without requiring a jobsite visit.
- Loadrite – The world’s leader in onboard weighing and material management for scales on wheel loaders. Loadrite products have grown to new systems like excavator, conveyor belt and garbage truck scales and can help increase profitability and improve operational efficiency.
“Not only does the demo day provide an opportunity for customers to learn more about a specific machine and how to operate it, but it also gives them a chance to see what technology is currently available that will help them increase machine productivity, reduce operating costs and improve jobsite efficiencies,” said Welch.
Murphy Tractor and Equipment Company, Inc., one of John Deere’s largest North American construction equipment dealer organizations, is headquartered in Park City, KS. The organization has 28 locations throughout the mid-western states of Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Nebraska. Find out more at: www.murphytractor.com.
- Photo 1 – Customers from Ottawa County, Clay County and Bayer Construction enjoy a demonstration of a John Deere 700J Dozer. These Crawler Dozers are equipped with full-featured hydrostatic drivetrains, state-of-the-art Total Machine Control and decelerator/brake pedals, which provide unparalleled low-effort control.
- Photo 2 – Attendees from the City of Beloit and Belleville watch as the John Deere 35D Compact Excavator gets put to work.
- Photo 3 – Sawyer Blackwood, son of Murphy Tractor’s Territory Sales Manager, Chadd Blackwood, and wife, Amanda Blackwood, thoroughly enjoying himself after being allowed to sit in the driver’s seat of a piece of John Deere construction equipment.
- Photo 4 – Customers from Riley County holding a discussion about the features of the John Deere 333D Skid Steer.
- Photo 5 – Attendees from Saline County and the City of Belleville mingle with each other during the technology event.
Please click on the photos below to see a larger version.